We’re always interested in talking with bright, energetic people who share our values and interest in working with the elderly.
If you’re a PSW and have experience working with seniors, we’d be happy to hear from you. Use the form at the right to contact us, or email your resume using the email below.
E-mail your resume to: email@example.com
Here’s what one caregiver had to say about her experience working with Eldercare Home Health
“Thank you very much for the opportunities for professional and personal development that you have offered me for the past one and a half year. I have enjoyed working for the company and with the elderly clients, for it is my passion. I really appreciate the help and support you have provided to me during my tenure. First, you gave me an opportunity to work with your company in the time when I was still adjusting as new immigrant. Eldercare Home Health has been my first employer when we migrated in Canada. Second, you eagerly responded to my requests in regard to my application with the CNO. Your letters impacted a lot in the assessment, thus helping me get my license. Lastly, you provided me with a great reference as I took my first step in working as a registered nurse in the hospital setting. Eldercare Home Health and the whole team really means a lot to me, and I will forever be grateful for all these things you have caused me.” – K L Torres, Caregiver
Caregiver Responsibilities include:
- Following the care plan and communicating with the supervising Registered Nurse Case Manager
- Documenting activities
- Assisting with activities of daily living
- Assisting with toileting, bathing and transferring
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
Benefits of working with Eldercare Home Health:
- Minimum 4 hour shifts: work more hours – shifts are between 4 and 12 hours!*
- Company paid benefits program
- Registered Nurse telephone support 24/7 – you’re not on your own
- Stability that comes with working with a company that has been in business since 1995
- Professional approach to providing care to seniors
- A nice company to work for – many of our staff have been with us for more than 10 years
Please read ALL the instructions on this page
We have a four part hiring process for PSWs.
- Submit your resume (only new applicants – do not apply if you have previously applied) – you e-mail or fax your resume to us (see details below).
- Short telephone interview – we’ll call you and ask you a few questions, or we may email you with a few questions. If we think there may be a good match between your skills, experience and approach, and our needs, you may be invited to an application session.
- The application session – you come to our office to apply for a position. There are a number of steps in the application process. Not everyone is successful.
- Orientation – successful applicants are invited to an orientation. The orientation session is part of the hiring process. Not everyone is successful.
Thank you for your interest in Eldercare Home Health, only applicants of interest will be contacted.
See below for documentation you’ll need to bring if you are invited to attend the application session.
Please bring the following documentation:
Please note that you will be turned away at the application session (not allowed to participate) if you do not have all your documentation in order. Applicants who are late will will not be able to participate.
All documents must be originals. You will also need to bring a photocopy of each document for our records – please come prepared we will not photocopy your documents for you.
You must have at least one of the following qualifications:
- Foreign Registered Nurse Degree
- Registered Practical Nurse Certificate
- PSW Certificate
- Letter from school confirming your successful completion of the PSW course and confirming that you will graduate as a PSW.
You must also provide:
- Photo identification (passport or driver’s license).
- SIN card – and Work Permit if you have one.
Optional – if you have them:
- First Aid/CPR
- Police Clearance (if you have one)
- Any other documents applicable to the position
Note: ALL shifts at Eldercare Home Health are “awake” shifts.
Under no circumstances are you permitted to be sleeping while at work with Eldercare Home Health.
For both your and our Clients’ safety you are not permitted to accept shifts with Eldercare Home Health which would result in you working back to back day/night or night/day shifts in combination with other work offered though another employer (or any other arrangement). You must be well rested when working shifts through Eldercare Home Health.
To work with Eldercare Home Health you must be available a minimum of:
- 8 hours on each of 3 weekdays, or
- 8 hours on each of 2 weekdays and 1 weekend day
Please do not apply until you are able to meet this minimum availability requirement.
Eldercare Home Health Inc. is located at (please note there is no parking available at our office):
234 Eglinton Ave. East Suite 207
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1K5
Click here for a map to our office
We look forward to hearing from you!
Note: This can be a physically demanding job. You must be physically able to assist clients with activities of daily living including but not limited to transferring, bathing, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, and reaching.
Eldercare Home Health is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.