You are an RPN, are energetic, self-motivated and have a positive attitude toward aging. You enjoy front-line contact with clients and caregivers and have a great sense of humor.
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) job
This is a full time, visiting Nurse position (part time is not available).
This position requires that you have extensive experience (3 plus years) working with the elderly. This position is not suitable for recently graduated RPNs.
As a Visiting Registered Practical Nurse you’ll play an important role in ensuring that our clients receive the quality care they have come to expect from Eldercare Home Health.
Your workday activities will be varied; from visiting clients in their homes, communicating with caregivers and researching care options for clients, to meeting with your Nurse colleagues at our mid-town Toronto office.
As a Visiting Registered Practical Nurse you’ll have an opportunity to practice Nursing in a way you may not have thought possible. You’ll be able to put the skills and judgment you’ve developed through years of practical experience, to use, improving the lives of seniors in our community.
Benefits of working with Eldercare Home Health
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits, mileage reimbursement, paid parking, and a friendly office conveniently located near Yonge and Eglinton.
We have an office mascot, Tia – a friendly Golden Retriever (Tia also occasionally visits with clients in the community.)
We encourage and support continuing education and professional development, and are continually evaluating technology and how it can assist in managing and improving care.
With the Founder and President of the company being a Registered Nurse, you can also count on an understanding, supportive and professional environment.
If you’re looking for a rewarding position with a growing company where you really can make a positive difference in older people’s lives, we’d like to hear from you.
Great reasons to consider working with Eldercare Home Health
- Competitive salary
- Health Benefits
- Mileage reimbursement
- Free on-site parking
- Convenient location near Yonge and Eglinton
- Growing company
- President is a Registered Nurse
- Technology forward environment
Join our nursing team and enjoy a rewarding and stimulating working environment.
- This is a full time, visiting Registered Practical Nurse position in Toronto (part time is not available).
- This position requires that you have supervisory experience and a minimum of 3 years experience working with the elderly (over 80 years old).
- Work days are Thursdays through Mondays (Tuesday and Wednesday off).
- Hours are approximately 8am – 4pm. (hours are subject to change based on Client need and there may be the occasional need for an evening visit).
- The Registered Practical Nurse works with and reports to the Nurse Case Managers.
- You’ll see clients on both a scheduled and “as needed” basis.
- As a member of the Nursing team you’ll participate in weekly nursing rounds and the weekly office update meeting.
- This position is NOT suitable for recently graduated Nurses.
What you’ll bring to the role
- You are an RPN, have excellent assessment skills, are energetic, self-motivated and have a positive attitude toward aging.
- Case management experience is a plus.
- Very good verbal and written English skills
- Good organizational skills
- A driver’s license is required, a car is a plus.
- You enjoy front-line contact with clients and caregivers.
- A sense of humour is always nice.
Your workday activities will be varied; visiting clients in their homes, supervising caregivers, meeting with healthcare professionals, researching care options for clients or meeting with your Nurse colleagues at our mid-town Toronto office.
Ready to make a change for the better?
If you’ve “been there and done that”, and are ready for a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) job that allows you to practice nursing the way it should be practiced, contact us today.
Lisa Wiseman RN BScN
Phone: 416 482-8292
Fax: 416 482-8278
Note: This can be a physically demanding job. You must be physically able to assist clients with activities of daily living including but not limited to transferring, bathing, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, and reaching.
Eldercare Home Health is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.