Are you writing a story on senior care? Lisa Wiseman is a senior care expert with media experience.
Lisa Wiseman BScN, RN, GNC(C) is the President of Eldercare Home Health and a Registered Nurse with a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from the University of Toronto.
Lisa is the former President of Gerontological Nursing Association (GNA), Toronto Chapter. She has also received her Gerontological Nursing Certification – GNC(C) through the Canadian Nurses Association.
Lisa has been interviewed by:
- Karen Horsman on CBC Radio One regarding the decision by the Ontario Ministry of Health to not go forward with regulating Personal Support Workers.
- Brett Popplewell for the Toronto Star for a piece titled “When independence is too risky“.
- Dale Goldhawk on Goldhawk Live to discuss the role of neighbours looking out for each other, specifically seniors
- The Daily Planet for a piece on the death of a woman in Scarborough who wandered from her home in the winter.
- Kyle Gordon for the Canadian Jewish News for a piece about caring for the elderly after they’ve been discharged from the hospital.
Lisa has also written for Hospital News, an industry publication distributed in Hospitals throughout Ontario
- Discharge Planning – important tips to make a senior’s return home a success
- Palliative patients benefit from being at home
Read Lisa’s blog
Early in her career Lisa worked as a home care Nurse and as a front-line, hospital based Nurse. Later she worked in management at Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and The Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, two of Canada’s leading centres for geriatric care.
Lisa started Eldercare Home Health Inc. in 1995.
From Candy Striper to hands on Nurse to Nurse Manager in some of Canada’s foremost geriatric institutions, and ultimately, as President of Eldercare Home Health Inc., Lisa understands both the big picture and the practical side of senior care.
If you need the perspective of an experienced, professional RN with intimate knowledge of elder care issues please contact Lisa:
Lisa Wiseman BScN, RN, GNC(C)
Phone: 416 482-8292
Fax: 416 482-8278
Read Lisa’s Blog posts
FREE assessment by a Registered NurseCall Now! 416 482-8292
Don't want things to get worse?
In summary: Looking for a real senior care expert who can offer an opinion or insight into senior care related issues? Lisa Wiseman BScN, RN, GNC(C), President of Eldercare Home Health Inc. is a senior care expert with extensive media experience. Call us next time you need help on an assignment.