We’re always interested in talking with bright, energetic people who share our values and interest in working with the elderly.
If you’re a PSW and have experience working with seniors, we’d be happy to hear from you.
As a PSW your responsibilities include:
- Following the care plan and communicating with the supervising Registered Nurse Case Manager
- Documenting activities
- Assisting with activities of daily living
- Assisting with toileting, bathing and transferring
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
Please read ALL the instructions on this page
We have a four part hiring process for PSWs.
- Submit your resume (only new applicants – do not apply if you have previously applied) by e-mail (see email address below).
- A short telephone interview – we’ll call you and ask you a few questions, or we may email you with a few questions. If we think there may be a good match between your skills, experience and approach, and our needs, you may be invited to an application session.
- The application session – you come to our office to apply for a position. There are a number of steps in the application process. Not everyone is successful.
- Orientation – successful applicants are invited to an orientation. The orientation session is part of the hiring process. Not everyone is successful.
E-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Eldercare Home Health, only applicants of interest will be contacted.
See below for documentation you’ll need to bring if you are invited to attend the application session.
Please bring the following documentation:
Please note that you will be turned away at the application session (not allowed to participate) if you do not have all your documentation in order. Applicants who are late will will not be able to participate.
All documents must be originals. You will also need to bring a photocopy of each document for our records – please come prepared we will not photocopy your documents for you.
You must have at least one of the following qualifications:
- Foreign Registered Nurse Degree
- Registered Practical Nurse Certificate
- PSW Certificate
- Letter from school confirming your successful completion of the PSW course and confirming that you will graduate as a PSW.
You must also provide:
- Photo identification (passport or driver’s license).
- SIN card – and Work Permit if you have one.
Optional – if you have them:
- First Aid/CPR
- Police Clearance (if you have one)
- Any other documents applicable to the position
Note: ALL shifts at Eldercare Home Health are “awake” shifts.
Under no circumstances are you permitted to be sleeping while at work with Eldercare Home Health.
For both your and our Clients’ safety you are not permitted to accept shifts with Eldercare Home Health which would result in you working back to back day/night or night/day shifts in combination with other work offered though another employer (or any other arrangement). You must be well rested when working shifts through Eldercare Home Health.
You must have a minimum of 3 weekdays or 2 weekdays and 1 weekend day available, to work with Eldercare Home Health. Please do not apply until you are able to meet this minimum availability requirement.
Eldercare Home Health Inc. is located at:
234 Eglinton Ave. East Suite 207
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1K5
Click here for a map to our office
We look forward to hearing from you!
Note: This can be a physically demanding job. You must be physically able to assist clients with activities of daily living including but not limited to transferring, bathing, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, and reaching.
Eldercare Home Health is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.